All content © Culture24 and partner organisations, except where otherwise stated.
Terms And Conditions for individual use of our website
You may use the Museum Crush website subject to the Terms and Conditions set out on this page which take effect on the date from which you first use the site. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of the Terms and Conditions in force at the time of use.
Culture24 reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
The names, images and logos displayed on this site which identify Culture24, Museum Crush, other Government departments and/or third parties are the proprietary material of the Crown, Culture24 and its Trustees, and/or third parties.
Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use.
Any other use requires the prior written permission of Culture24. Requests for such approval should be directed to: email@example.com Culture24, 28 Kensington Street, Brighton BN1 4AJ
Please give details of your intended use of the relevant material and include your contact details: – name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party.
Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of defamatory, obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
The Museum Crush website and material relating to government information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. Please note that, whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material included on this site, it is made available for general information only and does not constitute professional or legal advice. We do not warrant that the operation of this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, loss of profits, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use of, data, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site, or re-purposed verbatim without acknowledgement. Our pages must load into the user’s entire window.
Culture24 is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any site to which it is linked and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking to or from this site should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Terms and Conditions for educational use
1. Individual pupils/students/teachers can download and print off web pages from the Museum Crush website for educational purposes within the school or other educational establishment in the UK.
2. “Educational establishments” are defined as schools, colleges of further and higher education, universities and colleges of nursing in the UK.
3. Multi-copying for sharing of material in classes is covered under Educational Recording Agency (ERA) licence arrangements, provided your school/educational establishment takes out a licence.
4. If the pupils/students cut, paste and re-order material, it must be within the context of the classroom only. Neither S35 of the Copyright Act, nor the ERA Licence permits any distortions, amendments or mutilations and licensees are required to respect and maintain the integrity of the work copied. However, extracts or part of a website or compilations of extracts can be made, provided it is for the educational purposes of registered students of the school/educational establishment.
5. Pupils/students can take copies of material home provided it is for continuation of work started in the classroom, required by a teacher in the course of their normal educational studies.
6. The schools/educational establishments should not provide copies of material to parents, or other members of the public as it would be impossible for the school to ensure copies were being taken for personal use only. Copies can, however, be provided to teachers on in-service courses.
7. Public display of a project which includes copies of Culture24’s material from the Museum Crush website cannot be allowed without specific permission/licence. This is because the content may not be 100% Culture24 copyright and any content licensed from third parties is unlikely to grant such permissions.
8. Schools/educational establishments should keep records of any electronic copies of material in accordance with the ERA Licence principles, this includes labelling all copies with the date and title, together with the statement, “This electronic copy is to be used only under the terms of the ERA”.
9. Copies of material should NOT be used for any promotional, administrative or commercial purposes of the school/educational establishment.
10. On no account should any copies be offered for sale, sold or hired out. Nor can copies be shown to fee-paying audiences or non-registered students.
The policy of Culture24 is to respect the privacy of all web site visitors to the extent permitted by law. This privacy statement is intended to inform you of the ways in which this web site collects information, the uses to which that information will be put, and the ways in which we will protect any information you choose to provide us.
There are two types of information that this site may collect during your visit: cookies and information voluntarily provided by you. Cookies are pieces of information stored by your web browser on behalf of a web site and returned to the web site on request.
This site uses one cookie to identify whether your workstation has the Macromedia Flash plug-in installed. This plug-in is required to play some of the site’s animations.
If you prefer not to receive cookies, you may turn them off in your browser, or may set your browser to ask you before accepting a new cookie. Some pages may not function properly if the cookies are turned off.
Unless otherwise notified on this site, we will not store data, other than for this purpose, in cookies. Cookies remain on your computer, and accordingly we neither store cookies on our computers nor forward them to any external parties.
In the course of using the Museum Crush web site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may send us electronic mail (through a mailer or a web form) to request information, you may sign up for a mailing list, or you may send us your address so we may send you an application or other material.
Any personally identifiable information you send us will be used only for the purpose indicated. Requests for information will be directed to the appropriate staff to respond to the request, and may be recorded to help us update our site to better respond to similar requests.
We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information without your consent, except to the extent required by law. We do not retain the information longer than necessary for normal operations. Each web page requesting information discloses the purpose of that information. If you do not wish to have the information used in that manner, you are not required to provide it.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Culture24 Competition Rules
1. No registration is required. Your details are kept on our system for the purpose of running the competition only.
2. The competition is open to UK residents only.
3. Winners will be selected at random from all the correct entries received. Only winners will be contacted by Culture24. If you win something we will notify you via e-mail or phone.
4. All prizes must be claimed within three months of receiving the notification after which you will be deemed to have forfeited your prize.
5. Prizes must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred and there will be no cash alternatives.
6. The closing date is as shown on the appropriate competition page of Museum Crush and entries received after this date will not be accepted.
7. Culture24 do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries.
8. Employees or contractors of Culture24 or any person directly or indirectly involved with the organisations or the running of the competitions, and their direct family members cannot enter the competition.
9. Culture24’s decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Culture24 reserves the right to cancel the competition, amend or waive the rules and disqualify any entry at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
11. When entering competitions entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them. Entrants must comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
12. All competitions are free to enter. No purchase is necessary.
13. These rules are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
If you have questions about this site, its collection of information, and its online privacy statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org