Some of the ways Museum Crush can support you to share your collections online and engage with audiences
Museum Crush is Culture24’s collaborative storytelling platform, which forms part of our work as an Arts Council funded Sector Support Organisation. During the coming months Museum Crush will continue to publish museum stories and send out the regular Museum Crush digest to our 13,000 + subscribers. We will also be sharing via our social media channels Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to highlight the work Museums are doing to engage with audiences during these uncertain times.
So how can we work together more proactively to share your collections and engage with audiences online?
Here are some of the ways we can help you:
- We can feature your collection, as we have been doing for the past three years, by interviewing you about an object or series of objects. We will do most of the work and send the article back to you for sign off and revisions.
- We can guest curate your collection like we did here with Brighton Museum’s collection of photos either by using Commons photos or a themed selection of them signed off by you.
- We can write and publish previews and backgrounders of exhibitions that have been delayed or postponed, to offer a ‘virtual version’ of exhibitions that are now behind closed doors.
- We can publish your own written articles about your collections on Museum Crush.
- We can republish your blog posts as guest/taster content that links back to your own website or museum blog.
- We can feature your virtual tours and other digital outputs in our popular round ups that are thematic or focus on local and non-national museums.
- We can feature your website as a recommended online visit in our Museum Crush email digest.
We can use all of the above to link to any donation pages you may set up during the coming months. And if you are developing your own collections-based ideas online, either on your websites or through your social media channels, tell us and we will do or best to support and promote them.
Got another idea? Talk to us.
Get in touch with Culture24 Editor Richard Moss at email@example.com