- All Enquiries: 01733 864468
- Fundraising and Membership:
Flag Fen is the site of a 3,500 year old ritual causeway and ceremonial platform. Made from wood it contains 60,000 upright timbers and has yielded one of the best collections of Bronze Age Celtic swords, jewellery and tools in the country. A visit to the 20 acre site of Flag Fen is an exploration of history and nature, with reconstructive archaeology and recreated habitats for rare plants such as Fen Ragwort. Explore our reconstructed Bronze Age roundhouse and landscape with free volunteer-led guided tours. Marvel at the oldest wheel in England, the earliest Celtic art and the bronze swords and tools of our ancestors Experiment with have-a-go activities from ancient times. Experience the tranquility and diversity of the park with a lakeside walk and an abundance of wildlife including over 50 species of birds and dragonflies.
10.00am to 5.00pm Weekends and Bank Holidays ONLY except for schools and group bookings (Last admissions are at 16.00) March to October Inclusive Closed November to February inclusive except for advertised events
Adults £6.00 Children, Students & Seniors £4.00 Families £16.00 (two adults & up to 3 children) Special charges apply for events - check website or phone for details.
- English Heritage
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Meeting room available
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Visitors are welcome to take photographs. The site is mostly outdoor and covers 28 acres. As we have livestock on-site dogs (except care and guide dogs) cannot be admitted to the site.
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.