Doddington Hall is a superb Elizabethan mansion completed in 1600 by the brilliant architect, Robert Smythson. The Hall stands today exactly as it was built with its walled gardens, gatehouse, and family church. The elegant Georgian interior contains a fascinating collection of pictures, textiles, porcelain and furniture that reflect four centuries of unbroken family occupation. Events include Summer Concerts, see website for dates.
Gardens only: Sunday ONLY (plus Easter Monday) from 1 to 5 pm From 19th February to 23rd April inclusive House and Gardens: Wednesday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays from 1 to 5 pm (gardens open at 12pm). From 30th April to 27th September. Parties (20 or more) on other days by appointment with the House Manager Closed end September to February following year Christmas Shop opens 1st - 23rd December
Gardens only: Adult £3.80 - children £1.90 House and Gardens: Adult £5.50 children £2.75 Family (2+up to 4 children) - £15.50 discount to parties of 20 or more visiting on open days.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Gardens open to public
- Meeting room available
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Doddington Hall is clearly signposted off the A46 Lincoln Bypass on the B1190. Complimentary entry for: Members of the Historic Houses Association
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General audio-guide available
- Guided tours
- Licensed for weddings
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.