- Phone: 01332 811027
The Donington Grand Prix Exhibition is, quite simply, the largest collection of Grand Prix racing cars in the world. Five halls, with over 130 exhibits, illustrate the history of motor sport from the turn of the 20th century. Cars include examples driven by such famous names as Nuvolari, Mansell, Prost, Moss, Senna, Fangio, Clark and Stewart. The Donington Grand Prix Exhibition houses the largest collection of McLaren racing cars in the world, and the only complete collection of Vanwalls. Notable exhibits include the 1936 twin engined 500 bhp Alfa Romeo Bimotore which has a top speed of 200mph, Jim Clark's World Championship winning Lotus 25, the 'howling' flat 12 Ferrari 312B, and Stirling Moss's Lotus, in which he defeated the might of the Ferrari works team in the 1961 Monaco Grand Prix. The museum also features the world's largest collection of driver's helmets.
Daily 10.00 - 17.00, last admission 16.00. Closed: Please check opening times over the Christmas and New Year Period.
Adult: £12.00 O.A.P: £10.00 Student: £10.00 Child: £5.00 Family: £25.00
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Information point provided
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.