90 York Way
The GNM Archive preserves and promotes the histories and values of the Guardian and Observer newspapers by collecting and making accessible archive material that provides an accurate and comprehensive history of the papers. It holds the Guardian Archive, the Observer Archive and personal collections of journalists, cartoonists and photographers associated with the papers. GNM also hosts a regular series of exhibitions which draw heavily on the archive collections, and has an Education Centre which provides a range of news-based educational programmes for schools, families and other groups.
Archive opening hours (by appointment only): Mon - Fri: 10.00-17.00 For exhibitions opening hours please see website.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Our archive collections are open to the public by appointment only.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Public access available to collections information
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.