Charles Hastings Education Centre
Worcestershire Royal Hospital
Charles Hastings Way
The museum illustrates the history of medicine, nursing and the associated health care professions, with particular reference to Worcester and the surrounding area. It contains around 500 items of equipment including a reconstructed 19th-century operating theatre, apothecary's shop and Death Masks believed to be of hanged criminals.
Mon - Fri, 9am-5pm all year; outside these hours on request. Closed: Weekends and bank holidays, except for Open Days.
Admission free. Donations welcome.
If arriving by car, we're a 5 minute drive outside of the centre of Worcester, and can be found easily off junctions 6 and 7 of the M5 motorway.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
To book a group visit (adults and schools), please call 01905 760738. Notice is required, and charges apply.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- General audio-guide available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.