The Trust was set up to preserve communications technology for future generations. It is currently developing a major facility at Burntisland in Fife which will educate visitors in an entertaining way, showing them how past technologies have shaped their own lives. The Trust is a membership-based organisation, comprising people from various backgrounds, all with a common interest in preserving the history of communications. These members study, collect, preserve and exhibit artefacts and information which illustrate the principal developments of communication and information technology, and the museum offers a range of heritage services related to communications, such as restoration advice, research facilities and access to its technical library. It is registered with the Scottish Museums Council.
May to September. See website for exact dates. 11.00-16.00 Saturdays. 11.00-16.00 Wednesdays. Closed: Mon, Tues, Thu, Fri, Sun. Open outside these times by prior arrangement.
Adults: £3.00 Accompanied children: £1.50 Family: £8.50 Admission includes refreshments in the lounge.
Burntisland Railway Station nearby. Stagecoach Fife bus route 7 stops nearby.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.