The John Rylands Library merged with Manchester University Library in 1972 to form The John Rylands University Library of Manchester.
For visitors: Mon 12.00-17.00 Tues-Sat 10.00-17.00 Sun 12.00-17.00 The library is closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and between Christmas and New Year.
The John Rylands Library is a public library. Open daily, entry is free.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Library with public access
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
The Library's collections are open to Readers aged 18 and over. However, to look at special material, a letter of reference is required.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- General audio-guide available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Information point provided
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Public access available to collections information
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.