The Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Race Relations Resource Centre was founded specifically to combat racist ideas. The Centre provides a wide range of resources aimed at encouraging self confidence and pride in black and ethnic minority people and equipping all communities with the information and knowledge to resist racist appeals. We have books, videos, journals, CDRoms, posters, interview transcripts and ephemeral material. The Resource Centre is in the unique position of providing access to resources concerned with race and related issues in one collection. Its range of published and non-published material has made it an invaluable and alternative source for academics, primary and secondary educators, school children, community groups and local independent researchers.
Staffed 0900 - 1700 Monday to Friday. Some material will only be accessible during those hours. Library accessible during Manchester Central Library opening hours: 0900-2000 Monday-Thursday 0900 - 1700 Friday and Saturday Closed Sunday
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.