The North Yorkshire County Record Office was established in 1949 and now occupies purpose-adapted premises, storing millions of documents in line with British Standard 5454, and making them available for a wide range of uses, from legal enquiries, to education and enjoyment. The Record Office offers a source of expertise in record keeping for the County Council and the people of North Yorkshire.
Mon, Tues, Thurs 08.50-16.45 Weds 09.30-20.45 Fri 08.50-16.15 First Sat of most months, 09.30-16.15 Closed Sun, Bank Holidays and one week each November.
Free access for personal visitors
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Mail order service available
- Meeting room available
- Parking for disabled available
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Large public searchroom Microfilm readers and reader printers Electronic document magnifier WiFi Internet access Exhibition area Tea room for visitors' use Meeting room for hire
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- General guide to collections available
- Information point provided
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.