Our collections include the records of the London Borough of Bexley and its predecessors, schools, churches, estates, people, businesses and societies. We have newspapers from 1873 to the present; unique photographs, postcards and illustrations; books and journals on all aspects of Bexley, Kent and London; pamphlets; posters; oral histories; local maps and plans, from around the 18th Century to present; census records; street and trade directories and south east London telephone directories from 1940 onwards. Staff are always ready to help you use the resources and the Centre also produces a range of local history information sheets and research guides to help you with your studies. We also offer a research service for those unable to visit the Centre and a range of services to schools. For information on what we hold please consult either the archive catalogue or for details of our book, pamphlet and journal collections as well as the local newspaper index the Bex-L
We are normally open 6 days a week. Monday 9.30am - 5.30pm Tuesday 9.30am - 5.30pm Wednesday 9.30am - 5.30pm Thursday 9.30am - 8.00pm Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm Saturday 9.30am - 5.00pm You might wish to telephone in advance to check that we have the material or to book a microfiche/film reader/printer.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Events and resources for children and families
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.