This fine and important church stands opposite Jesus College gates, and was designed by G F Bodley and built 1863–70. The spire is a prominent Cambridge landmark, soaring above tower and chancel, but the majestic interior is notable for its unity of design, colour and ornament, largely to Bodley’s own designs. The painted wall and ceiling decorations of remarkable scale and beauty were executed by Kempe and others. Fine glass in the east window is by Morris & Co., to designs by Burne-Jones, Ford Maddox Brown and William Morris himself; other windows are by Kempe and Morris. Fittings designed by Bodley include the alabaster font, the pulpit, and the oak aisle screen.
Please call: 01223 324442, to arrange a visit.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.