St Margaret’s Bay
- Email: [email protected]
- Lighthouse: 01304 852463
- White Cliffs Visitor Centre: 01304 202756
A striking landmark on the White Cliffs of Dover, this historic building was the site of Faraday’s work in pioneering the use of electricity in lighthouses, and was the first to display an electrically powered signal. South Foreland was also used by Marconi for his successful wireless telegraphy experiments in 1898.
Please check the National Trust website before visiting.
Lighthouse: £2.40, child £1.20, family £6. Groups £2, child £1. Large groups can be accommodated, but will be split into smaller tour groups of about 10, so there may be some waiting. No shelter available for more than 30 people. Guided tours for all visitors. Out-of-hours tours for booked groups only; guided walks to the lighthouse from the White Cliffs visitor centre, Apr–Oct.
- National Trust
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Large print information and/or interpretation
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.