Frogmore Mill, Fourdrinier Way, Apsley
Apsley Mills Cottage, London Road, Apsley
- Visits & Tours: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schools Programmes & Events: email@example.com
- Volunteer Opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Memberships: email@example.com
- Paper Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Switchboard: 01442 234600
- Paper Sales: 01442 231234
- Visits & Tours: 01442 275743
- Education & Training: 01442 275732
The world of paper - from its industrial beginnings to its sustainable future. The Paper Trail project is a unique activity-based industrial sustainability 'exploration' centre built around the two sites – Frogmore Mill and Apsley Mills – that were the birthplace of paper’s industrial revolution 200 years ago. Frogmore Mill is still a working paper mill and offers access into the heart of this real working environment for schools, community groups and the general public. The project allows visitors to learn about and experience: * the past of an industry that helped shape the modern world * the present of commercial recycled papermaking (on a Victorian, steam driven machine) * the future of one of the world's few inherently sustainable industries - paper. Frogmore Mill is the world's oldest commercial mechanised paper mill and has specialised in recycled papermaking for 110 years. Our current recycling scheme - Paper Magic for schools - is intended to turn Frogmore into one of industry's newest sustainability concepts, the community recycling mill.
Visits only by prior appointment - weekdays, weekends, evenings. Check website for details of public open days. Closed: December 23rd to January 5th.
Group tours can now be arranged by appointment or on specified open days. Suggested donations - £5.00 Adults, £3.50 Students & Children. Members, Free.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Gardens open to public
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.