The Spode Works Visitor Centre is a two-year exhibition based at the former Spode factory. Since the closure of the Spode factory, the Spode Museum Trust's collection has been in storage. The visitor centre tells the stories of the Spode factory, the workers, the everyday and amazing things they made, and showcases a small part of the collection of the Spode Museum Trust. The exhibition has films, images, interactive displays, ceramic items and other objects from the collection. Various events and activities take place and most Friday and Saturday mornings there is a demonstrator in the gallery.
Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10.30am to 4pm Open for pre-booked groups of ten or more at other times.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Meeting room available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Parking for disabled available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Parking in the Elenora Street Pay and Display; Blue Badge holders may park on site right next to the visitor centre. The exhibition is wheelchair accessible
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Membership and/or Friends scheme offered
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Volunteering scheme offered
- Primary school education service available
- Built heritage
- Industrial History
- Social History
- Art Fairs, Festivals & Biennials
- Live Art
- West Midlands
- arts, craft and design roles
- designer (arts, craft and design roles)
- industrial designer
- 19th century (1801 - 1900)
- 20th century (1901 - 2000)
- 21st century (2001 to present day)
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.