The shelves and workbenches at the Newman Brothers factory are full of original stock and tools of the trade. With the original machinery working again, you can truly experience how this old Jewellery Quarter firm once operated on a day-to-day basis, producing some of the world’s finest coffin furniture, including the fittings for the funerals of Joseph Chamberlain, Winston Churchill and the Queen Mother. Travel back in time to experience how the factory operated during its heyday, the characters who formed the business and the working methods they used.
Monday and Tuesday Closed Wed - Sunday 11am - 4pm tours at 11, 12, 1, 2 and 3. Last entry 3pm
Adult £6, Conc £5, Child £4. Family tickets available You can just turn up, however, we advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment on 0121 233 4790 or email email@example.com. Please visit www.coffinworks.org to check we have not closed for a special event.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Toilets for disabled
- Parking for disabled available
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Bicycle park
- Parking for coaches
- Education facilities available
- Events and resources for children and families
- Handling sessions
- Sign language interpretation available
- Touch exhibits
- Guided tours
- Information point provided
- Membership and/or Friends scheme offered
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Volunteering scheme offered
- General audio-guide available
- Community outreach programme/service
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Online teaching materials available
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Special educational needs education services available
- Support for extended schools services available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.