- Phone: 028 9335 8049
The Andrew Jackson Cottage highlights Carrickfergus' strong American and Ulster-Scots connections as well as telling the story of Andrew Jackson, the 7th president of the USA, whose parents emigrated to America from Carrickfergus in 1765. Located less than a mile from the town centre off the Larne Road, this single storey building has been restored to its original state. The interior has been decorated with a dresser, sponge wear crockery, iron pots and griddles. The cottage also has a collection of Ulster patchwork quilts. Beside the Andrew Jackson Cottage is an exhibition dedicated to the US Rangers, the elite American army regiment. Formed in 1942, the US Rangers were based in Carrickfergus during the World War II. The exhibition has an enthralling collection of uniforms, photographs, documents and other material detailing this famed combat unit.
Open by appointment only - contact the Tourist Information Centre for bookings and availability. April, May & October Mon-Fri 10:00-13:00 & 14:00-16:00 Sat-Sun 14:00-16:00 June-September Mon-Fri 10:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:00 Sat-Sun 14:00-18:00 Closed: November - March
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.