Knowle West Media Centre (KWMC) is an arts organisation and charity based in South Bristol. Since 1996 we have supported people to use technology and the arts to make positive changes in their lives and communities. We offer free groups and training opportunities for young people, a digital manufacturing space, and a diverse arts programme of residences, talks, performances and exhibitions.
General opening hours: Monday 9-6 Tuesday 9-8 Wednesday 9-8 Thursday 9-6 Friday 9-5 Open some Saturdays Opening times vary according to our programme, please see our website for details.
Free entry, with a small charge for some activities.
By bus: the quickest route from the centre of Bristol is that of the 90 bus (operated by First). It runs between Broadmead and the Hengrove Bus Depot every 10-15 minutes during the day (Monday-Friday). The nearest bus stops are at Donegal Road, which is a 5 minute walk from KWMC, and Melvin Square, which is approximately 5-7 minutes. By train: our nearest train station is Bristol Temple Meads. There is a taxi rank at the station and your journey to KWMC should take approximately 15 minutes. There is no direct bus route to KWMC from the station, so we’d recommend you catch the 8 or 9 bus into the centre of Bristol and get off outside the Bristol Hippodrome theatre. Pick up the 90 bus (in the direction of Hengrove Depot), as described above.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Parking for disabled available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Storage for bicycles Showers available Meeting rooms, training and editing suites, managed office space and exhibition / event studio available for hire Sound recording studio
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.