Centre of the Cell is a science education centre based at the Whitechapel Campus of Queen Mary, University of London. It is the first science education centre in the world to be located within working biomedical research laboratories. Centre of the Cell is located inside our distinctive orange ‘Pod’ suspended above biomedical research laboratories, so visitors will be able to see research scientists at work as they enter the centre. Once inside, visitors will learn about the amazing world of cells, the human body and the latest medical research. Centre of the Cell recently won the 2010 Museums & Heritage Excellence Award for Best UK Educational Initiative.
Check online for our family events: https://www.centreofthecell.org/events/
£7 (adults); £5 (concs); £5 (children); Free (Under 3s)
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.