The Institution of Engineering and Technology
2 Savoy Place
The Institution of Engineering and Technology is one of the world’s leading professional societies for the engineering and technology community. Founded in 1871 as the Society of Telegraph Engineers, the IET now has more than 150,000 members in 127 countries and offices in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. The IET provides a global knowledge network to facilitate the exchange of ideas and promote the positive role of science, engineering and technology in the world.
Mon - Fri 9.00 - 17.00
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
The IET Library is open to public access. The IET Archives is open the public by appointment only. Please contact the Archivists for further details.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Licensed for weddings
- Loan service
- Pre-booking service for groups
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.