Inveraray Jail is a living museum and top Scottish visitor attraction where real people portray life in a 19th century prison. Interact with costumed characters, watch courtroom trials, talk to the prisoners, meet the Warder, go to jail and witness cell life, sample the punishments, browse the exhibition of prison artefacts, then make your escape. Also, join the UK's top ghost hunters in ghost hunting nights and paranormal investigations.
Open Every Day November to March 10.00-17.00 April to October 09.30-18.00 Closed: Christmas Day and Boxing Day
Adults £7.95 Children £4.95 Seniors £5.95
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Parking for disabled available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Guided tours
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.