Bentley Priory Museum tells the fascinating story of the beautiful Grade II* listed country house, focusing on its role as Headquarters Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain. Explore the important stories of ‘The One’– Air Chief Marshal Sir Hugh Dowding, ‘The Few’ who took to the air to defend our skies and ‘The Many’ without whose tireless work on the ground victory would not have been possible and discover how technology, leadership and courage forged victory allowing Britain’s darkest hour to also be her Finest Hour.
Bentley Priory Museum is open to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. March - September: 10:00-17:00 (last admission at 16:00) October - February: 10:00 - 16:00 (last admission at 15:00 Please pre-book visits for groups of more than 20 people. For groups with 20-30 people, group visits are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. For groups with over 30 people, Tuesdays and Thursdays are also available to book a Group Visit.
Adult: £9 Over 60: £7 Student/On Benefits: £7 HM Forces/Veteran: £5 Children (aged 6-16): £5 Children (aged 0-5): Free Family ticket (2 adults, up to 3 children): £25 Museums Association Member: £5
- Museums Association
Please Note: The best SatNav postcode is HA7 3HT. This will take you to the entrance of the new Bentley Priory housing development off The Common, near to the Alpine Restaurant. This is also the entrance to the Museum site.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Parking for disabled available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Gardens open to public
- Parking for coaches
- Public car park
- Education facilities available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Baby changing facilities
- High chairs in café/restaurant
- Conference facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Bicycle park
- Picnic area
There is wheelchair access throughout the museum and lift access to the downstairs facilities, including the gardens, cafe and toilets. We have two wheelchairs available for free hire, if you would like to book one please call 020 8950 5526 prior to your visit. There is a free museum car park, with some spaces at the front of the building for disabled visitors. Our cafe currently offers drinks and light snacks.
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Volunteering scheme offered
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Primary school education service available
- Events and resources for children and families
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Guided tours
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.