The Mid-Antrim Museum at The Braid features galleries showcasing an impressive collection of fascinating artefacts of both local and national significance, alongside an exciting range of changing exhibitions. The use of interactive media brings history to life - as visitors are enticed to step back in time in a multi-sensory experience - while adjoining displays of artefacts are complimented by dramatic images of the local landscape. Together they provide an all-encompassing evocative experience. The Museum features a varied range of events and exhibitions throughout the year. Also on offer are curriculum-linked programmes focusing on early man in Ireland, the Victorians and the Second World War. These interactive sessions provide engaging and enjoyable experiences for children, bring history to life in a memorable way. Other programmes, for people of all ages, are developed in line with visiting exhibitions.
All year round Mon-Fri 10.00am - 5.00pm Sat 10.00am - 4.00pm Public/Bank Holidays - check local papers or ring 028 2563 5900 Closed: Sundays
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Events and resources for children and families
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.