Ashby Museum was founded in 1982 and is a charitable trust. It is run entirely by volunteers and is strongly supported by the local community. It tells the story of Ashby's history from early times with well-designed displays, models and artefacts. Regularly changed temporary exhibition, a programme of winter talks and a dedicated education co-ordinator for school group visits who will plan and lead hands-on sessions for your group. Free family fun days and children's activities - see website for details.
Open all year round Mon-Fri 11.00-13.00 and 14.00-16.00 Sat 10.00-15.00 Closed on Sunday
Adults £1 Children 50p Senior Citizens 50p
- English Heritage
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Excellent disabled access. Shop.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Events and resources for children and families
- Membership and/or Friends scheme offered
- Online shop
- Guided tours
- Roleplay/costumed interpreters available
- Professional development and training for teachers
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.