The museum has been open to the general public since April 1973. The Museum Archive is available for use via prior arnagement with the Curator on 01636 705585. Guided tours can be arranged but pre-booking is required.
The museum is open everyday except Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. March to October 10am - 5pm, November to February 10am-4pm. Evening visits and other times can be arranged by prior agreement. N.B. Last admission is one hour before closing time i.e. 4pm during the summer months and 3pm in the winter months.
Adult £8.00 Over 60s £7.00 Child £4.50 Family £22.00 Gift aid prices: Adult £8.80 Over 60s £7.70 Child £4.95 Family £24.20 Under 5s FREE: Special rates for the disabled, students, UB40 holders and parties of 15 plus are available on application. The Family ticket now covers 2 Adults & 3 Children.
By Car: The museum is easy to find from the A1, A46, A17, A1133 roads and the Newark bypass, with ample free on-site car and coach parking. For people traveling from the A1 and A46 routes we recommend that you follow the A46 signs north towards Lincoln and then take the right turn off the dual carriageway at the A1133 / Drove Lane roundabout – following the brown and white air museum signs. By Bus: Due to unforeseen circumstance the previous bus service has been suspended; you can use the Lincoln bus service and alight at the A1133 roundabout, and then walk along Drove Lane to the museum [approx 1/2 of a mile]. By Rail: The museum is located approximately 2.5 miles from the Newark Castle Station and approximately 1 3⁄4 miles from the Newark Northgate Station.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Dogs welcome
- Education facilities available
- Meeting room available
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Find time to pause for a break in our Café. You can choose from a selection of snacks, sandwiches and a range of hot or cold drinks, reasonably priced these are prepared fresh to order.
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- CD-ROM guide available
- Direct teaching services for schools
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.