A working Museum presenting all aspects of the lives of a Victorian Knitting Community. Comprises authentic cottage living accomodation and workshops set around a garden courtyard. Demonstrations of framework knitting and circular knitting on Griswold machines. Tea Room - tea/coffee and biscuits on request. Group catering by appointment.
Easter to December - Wed - Sat and Bank Holiday Mon 11:00 am. to 16.30 pm. Last ticket sale 16:00 pm. Sun, Easter to September only 13:30 to 16:30 pm. Closed: Mon and Tues and from Christmas to Easter except for groups by appointment only.
Adults: £3.00 Children,students and OAPs: £2.00 Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) £6.00 Friends: Free
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Loan service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.