The Record Office is a service provided by Leicestershire County Council in partnership with Leicester City Council and Rutland County Council. The Record Office exists to preserve and provide access to a wide range of Resources which can be used to research the history and culture of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland. Access to the collections is freely available to everyone and staff are on hand to help you find the information you need.
Mon Tues Thurs 0915-1700 Wed 0915-1930 Fri 0915-1645 Sat 0915-1215
Free. You don't need to book to visit the Record Office, but you do need to come with ID because we operate the County Archives Research Network (CARN) ticket system. If you do not already have a CARN ticket you will need to register on your first visit. Registration is free.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Library with public access
- Parking for disabled available
- Toilets for disabled
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Audio guides specifically for blind and partially sighted people
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Loan service
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.