8-10 Queen Street
- Phone: 01723 515013
The Museum building was originally two single storey cottages and is the oldest domestic building in Filey, 1696 being the date above the doors. The Museum retains the original basic layout of rooms, each one dedicated to a different aspect of local life and work which was common place in Filey until comparatively recent times. The Filey Room contains a wealth of bygones and ephemera of local interest. There is a Sea Shore Room, temporary and seasonal exhibitions, a room containing domestic equipment and tools relating to rural craft, a Victorian Room and a Lifeboat Room. Outside is a sheltered garden containing many items of interest including the Bait House where a couple can be seen skeining mussels and baiting lines for 'winter fishing'.
Sun-Fri 1100-1700, Sat 1400-1700
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.