Britain at War Experience offers a glimpse of what life was like for the civilians in war-torn Britain during WW2. This is a unique museum of interest to all ages, featuring evacuation, rationing, shelters, weddings, bomb disposal, gasmasks and a walk through the London Blitz: See it, feel it, breathe it! Of interest to all ages including school groups (with education service) and adult groups.
October-March Daily 10.00-17.00 April - September Daily 10.00 - 18.00 Last entry one hour before closing Closed: 24th - 26th December
Please telephone or see website for prices
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
Film of WW2 shown. Young visitors can try on gasmasks and uniforms. Anderson shelter to sit it and Morrison shelter to lie under.
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.