St Mary's Hospital
- Email: Kevin.Brown@imperial.nhs.uk
- Phone: 020 7886 6528
Founded in 1993, the Museum features Fleming's laboratory restored to its condition in 1928 when he discovered penicillin in that very room. The Museum was designated an International Historic Chemical Landmark in 1999 by the American Chemical Society and Royal Society of Chemistry. The educational programme of the museum was coinsidered a model for smaller museums in Italy at a conference on museum educatioon held in Rome in 1999. The Museum is located in a grade II listed building within St Mary's Hospital and has been used extensively as a film location.
Mon-Thurs 1000-1300 Other times by appointment Closed: Public holidays and between Christmas and New Year
Adult £4-00 Concession £2-00
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Mail order service available
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
Staff will visit schools, colleges, universities and community groups with lectures and presentations on Fleming, the history of penicillin, the history of medicine, hospitals, nursing and microbiology.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.