The National Space Centre is a Science and Discovery Centre dedicated to the awe-inspiring story of Space exploration. Discover six interactive galleries, the UK's largest planetarium and the iconic, 42 metre-high Rocket Tower.
Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 16:00 Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 - 17:00 Closed: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day
Adult £15.00 Child (5-16) £12.00 Concession (over 60,NUS,Disability) £12.00 Under 5s: Free
By Car: The National Space Centre is located just off the A6, two miles north of Leicester City Centre, midway between Leicester’s inner and outer ring roads. Brown road signs with a distinctive rocket logo will direct you from the arterial routes around Leicester. We have over 400 parking spaces in our car park, including 23 enhanced accessibility spaces, charged at £3 pay and display for the whole day. By Bus: First Bus 54 runs every 10 mins throughout the day Monday to Saturday and every 20 mins on Sunday running from 9.30am. The bus stop is only 2 minutes’ walk away from the National Space Centre. By Rail: East Midland Trains and Cross Country Trains serve Leicester Station. From here you can either take a bus or a taxi to the National Space Centre. First bus 54 runs every 10 minutes Monday to Saturday and every 20 minutes on Sunday from Charles Street, a short walk from the station. Park & Ride: The National Space Centre, Abbey Pumping Station and Dock all now have their very own Park and Ride bus stop. Just head to the Birstall Park and Ride site and hop on a bus to us. The stop is on Abbey Lane, opposite ASDA supermarket and just a short walk to the Centre (just look for the Rocket Tower). The Park and Ride option is a great option for special events, wet school holiday days and when the 400 spaces in our car park are full.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Meeting room available
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Picnic area
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Activities for pre-school children
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- General guide to collections available
- Information point provided
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.