Your window into the world of astronomy. The Royal Observatory, Edinburgh is housed in a bold Italianate building located on Blackford Hill two miles south of the city. Our mission is to promote interest in astronomy and to support science education. We seek to exploit the Royal Observatory's unique mix of real astronomical science, technology and heritage to help us achieve this.
Public admission by booked visits only.
Adults: £4.00 Children: £3.00 Concessions: £3.00
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Parking for coaches
- Parking for disabled available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.