Chippenham Museum & Heritage Centre is housed in a fine 18th century grade II listed building. The displays tell the story of the historic market town from prehistoric times up until the present day. Visitors can discover more about the history of the town, its villages and the local area through the extensive collections and by meeting some of the former residents as they guide you through history.
Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm All Bank Holidays except Christmas Closed: Sundays Bank Holidays and Christmas
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Parking for disabled available
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
The fully fitted education lecture / school room is available for hire, offering space for up to 40 people. The room contains audio visual equipment, a hearing loop and tea & coffee making facilities. For further information, please contact the museum.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Guided tours
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Information point provided
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.