The Clock Block,
Berwick Upon Tweed
Visit Berwick Museum and Art Gallery, located in the Ravensdowne Barracks - the first purpose-built army barracks in England Home to the Berwick Burrell Collection, it’s popular with visitors – many of whom were stationed at the Barracks which were in use up until 1964. The Burrell Collection was one of the most generous civic donations to be made in Europe and pulls in the crowds with spectacular pieces on display all summer. Discover the characters, nooks and crannies of old Berwick as you explore a fascinating recreation of the old town. Enjoy our temporary exhibitions, modern art and interactive family fun too.
Unless visitors already possess a Museum Membership or Woodhorn Charitable Trust All Sites Pass, visitors must pay English Heritage’s Barracks admission charges. Once on site, visitors may choose to purchase a Museum Membership which will allow unlimited return visits to the whole of the Barracks site for 12 months. Membership is as follows: 16 and under: FREE Adult: £5 Multiple Adults purchased at the same time: £4.50 Concession (OAP and student): £4 For more information: www.museumsnorthumberland.org.uk
- English Heritage
- Museums Association
Berwick Museum and Art Gallery is just over 0.5 mile from Berwick Upon Tweed train station.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
Accessibility Unfortunately due to the nature of the buildings, there is no wheelchair access to the upper floors. Access Plans for each of our museums can be downloaded from this website (you can find them in the Accessibility section), but please contact us if there’s anything we can do to support your access requirements at Berwick Museum and Art Gallery.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.