- Phone: 01434 344277
- Web Site: http://www.vindolanda.com
Visit Roman Vindolanda today and you will find one of the North East’s most famous and not to be missed tourist attractions lying in the beautiful landscape of Hadrian's Wall Country. Formerly a key military post on the northern frontier of Britain, Vindolanda is the home of Britain's 'Top Treasure' - the Vindolanda Writing Tablets - and is one Europe's most important Roman archaeological sites, with live excavations taking place every year. Lying in magnificent countryside next to a sweeping section of Hadrian's Wall and based at the site of Carvoran Roman Fort, the Roman Army Museum is an authentic and dramatic tribute to Rome’s extraordinary military legacy. Step into the life of a Roman soldier and experience life on the front line of Emperor Hadrian’s formidable British frontier. Explored through reconstructions, objects excavated along Hadrian's Wall and the Vindolanda Trust’s inspiring interpretations of army life including the exclusive 3D Edge of Empire film, the museum pays unforgettable homage to Rome's military accomplishments in Britain.
2015 Opening Times: 7th FEB - 28th FEB: daily 09:30am to 4pm MARCH: daily 09:30am to 5pm APRIL - SEPTEMBER: daily 10am to 6pm OCTOBER: daily 9:30am to 5pm
(Joint site, Vindolanda, Roman Army Museum) Adult: £10.00, £6.50, £5.25 Child: £5.50, £4.00, £3.00 Student / OAP: £8.50, £5.50, £4.50 Family: £29.00, £19.00, £15.00 Children under 5 free.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Toilets for disabled
- Parking for disabled available
- Research facilities for academics
- Education facilities available
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Academic publications and resources available
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Secondary school education service available
- Primary school education service available
- Events and resources for children and families
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.