The Irish Linen Centre and Lisburn Museum houses a major exhibition of the history of Irish Linen, an interactive gallery with hands on participation in linen manufacturing processes; an audio-visual presentation on the lives of workers in a Victorian factory setting and hand loom weavers producing linen on restored 19th century looms. There is a FREE comprehensive education programme which includes the Museum and Lisburn's Castle Gardens. Full details on request.
Mon-Sat 0930-1700 Last Admission one hour before closing Closed Sundays and some public holidays. Please contact Reception Desk (028 9266 3377) for specific information on public holiday closures.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Also housed within the Irish Linen Centre and Lisburn Museum is a speciality linen and craft shop.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- Induction loops in exhibition spaces
- Information point provided
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.