The museum is in Sovereign’s House, a Grade B listed building. Sovereign's House can be found at one end of The Mall about 10 metres from the Court House and five minutes walk from the Translink Bus station. The collection contains the uniforms, medals, regalia and the two Victoria Crosses won by the Regiment. The Regimental archive and library may be viewed by appointment.
Mon - Fri (incl Bank Holidays) 10am - 12.30pm and & 1.30 - 4pm 1st Sat each month (May-Sep) 10am - 12.30pm and & 1.30 - 4pm 12th/13th July, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day - Closed Dates may vary, please check website for up to date information.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
Research available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Please book in advance.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.