Armagh County Museum is located on the Mall, an area of urban parkland in the centre of the city. The unique character of the Museum's architecture makes it one of the most distinctive buildings in Armagh, similar in appearance to a little Greek temple. The oldest County Museum in Ireland, its extensive collections are based on specimens gathered by the Armagh Natural History and Philosophical Sociey during the 19th century.
Open: Mon-Fri 10.00-17.00, Sat 10.00-13.00 and 14.00-17.00 Closed: Sundays; 12th and 13th July; 25 and 26 December; 1 January
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Breastfeeding facilities
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
- Activities for pre-school children
- Events and resources for children and families
- Information point provided
- Membership and/or Friends scheme offered
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.