The Armitt is a unique place combining Gallery, Museum and Library. It is a treasure-house for scholarship and fun, art and entertainment. It encapsulates all that is best about Lakeland and its people and preserves that essence for future generations to enjoy. The Armitt is situated in Ambleside, Cumbria, in the very heart of the magnificent English Lake District.
Mon-Sat 10:00 to 17:00
Admission charges apply. Please contact museum for more details.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Public access available to collections information
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.