The Walker Art Gallery was built in the 1870s and houses an internationally important collection of paintings, artefacts and sculpture from the 14th century to the contemporary.
Daily 10am - 5pm. Closed: 24 December, from 2pm 25, 26 December 1 January
All events, tours, exhibitions and activities are FREE.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's play area
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Parking for disabled available
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Academic publications and resources available
- Activities for pre-school children
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- General guide to collections available
- Induction loops in lecture theatres
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.