The Albion Archive is based in Biggar, Lanarkshire, Scotland where Thomas Blackwood Murray (co-founder of Albion) originally lived and where he built and tested the first Albion car. Albion was established in 1899 in Glasgow, the second city of the Empire, already renowned worldwide for its engineering excellence. Albion's motto "Sure As The Sunrise" was adapted into the logo which featured on the radiator and badges of their models for many years and helped to establish their identity wherever they operated throughout the world.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Braille information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- General guide to collections available
- Loan service
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.