For 157 years, Blairs College was home to a magnificent collection of paintings, church textiles, sacred silver and Jacobite memorabilia belonging to the Scottish Roman Catholic Church. The Museum also houses the famous Memorial Portrait of Mary Queen of Scots. From its establishment Blairs College was recognised as a safe place to receive and preserve artefacts relating to Scotland’s Catholic heritage. Over the years Blairs accumulated an internationally renowned collection of fine and decorative art from a number of benefactors, including bishops, priests and friends of Blairs as well as inheriting important collections from the former Scots Colleges throughout Europe. When the College closed in 1986, an independent trust was created to preserve, interpret and display this important collection of religious heritage. Today, Blairs Museum gives visitors a unique insight into Scotland’s Catholic heritage, providing an enjoyable, memorable, and inspiring experience for all.
Open Weekends from 6 April to 29 September 2019. Saturday 10.00 am to 4.30 pm (last entry) and Sunday 12 noon to 4.30 pm (last entry). We can be open at any time by arrangement.
Admission Charges Adult: £4 Concessions: £3 Family ticket: £8.00 Children (8-15): £1.50 Children (under 8): free
The museum is situated just 5 miles from the City of Aberdeen on the South Deeside, with free car and coach parking on site. Please follow the brown tourist signs for Blairs Museum and St Mary's Chapel.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Parking for disabled available
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
Shop Self-service refreshments available by donation. To book groups of 5 or more or to arrange a visit outside our opening hours, please contact us. One wheelchair is available on a first come, first served basis. Blairs Museum is fully wheel-chair accessible.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Events and resources for children and families
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Guided tours
- Volunteering scheme offered
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Secondary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.