The Museum is an excellent record of Dalbeattie in Victorian and early 20th Century times, right up to the 50s and 60s. You can spend a truly memorable hour or two reminiscing and wandering down memory lane, and for the younger visitors many of the exhibits are 'hands on' (under adult supervision). There is an old fashioned 'shop' at the front of the Museum, plus a 1920s kitchen, and a small viewing room to look at movies of old Dalbeattie. The museum also contains a period cycle workshop, the Titanic exhibition, and the Rural room.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Loan service
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.