Isle of Lewis
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01851 612 331
The collection comprises some 500 artefacts which illustrate the domestic, economic, cultural and religious life of Bernera district. Its strengths lie mainly in the fields of domestic, social life, fishing and the sea. The material belongs in date to mainly to the 19th and 20th centuries. The collection includes comprehensive family archives, a collection of old photographs, audio and video tapes, and material relating to local fishing. A room is dedicated to the Iron Age village at Bostadh.
May-September 1100-1700 October-April By Appointment
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Study facilities
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.