3 Lugar Street
- Phone: 01290 421701
The Baird Institute Museum lies in the centre of the town of Cumnock, and was opened in 1891. The Museum holds a collection of Mauchline ware of world importance, complimented by many items of Cumnock pottery, mining equipment, and photographs and artefacts of local and social history. Works of traditional and contemporary art and crafts are also displayed here.
Mon Tues Thurs Fri 1000-1300 & 1330-1630 Closed Wed Sat Sun
Please check before visiting.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Large print information and/or interpretation
- Loan service
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available
- Touch exhibits
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.