Dulwich Picture Gallery, founded in 1811, was England's very first public gallery. The stunning collection houses masterpieces by Rembrandt, Rubens, Watteau, Gainsborough and Van Dyck amongst many others. The gallery also runs a world class exhibition programme. The entire collection of this gallery is a Designated Collection of national importance.
10am - 5pm Tuesday to Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays. Closed Mondays
Permanent Collection Only • Adults £9.00* • Senior citizens £8.00* • Free for unemployed, disabled, students (valid student card must be available) • Free for Art Fund members and Museums Association Members • Free entry for children under 18 • Free entry for Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery Temporary Exhibition (includes viewing of the Permanent Collection) • Standard £16.50* • Senior Citizens £15.50* • Unemployed, disabled and students £8 • Free entry for children under 18 • Audio guide £3 • Free entry for Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery Become a Friend of Dulwich Picture Gallery from £25 a year to enjoy free admission to the Permanent Collection and all temporary exhibitions. Visit Dulwich Picture Gallery on a Saturday or a Sunday and you can have a free guided tour of the permanent collection at 3.00pm. (You will need to pay the appropriate entrance charge to take advantage of this free guided tour).
- Museums Association
- National Art Pass
By Train Take the train in under 15 minutes from London Victoria to West Dulwich or from London Bridge to North Dulwich. Trains leave approximately every 15 minutes. Both stations are a 10 minute walk from the station. By Tube to Brixton Take the Victoria line to Brixton and then take the P4 bus (bus stop T) and alight at ‘Dulwich Picture Gallery’ or take the National Rail train from Brixton rail station to West Dulwich. By London Overground Take the London Overground to Peckham Rye and then take the National Rail train or the 37 bus (bus stop N) to ‘North Dulwich Station’. By Bus P4 to College Road outside the Gallery café (from Lewisham bus stop C or from Brixton bus stop T). Alight at ‘Dulwich Picture Gallery’. 3 to West Dulwich Station (from Crystal Palace bus station bus stop D or from Oxford Street bus stop RF). Alight at ‘Croxted Road/Thurlow Park Road’ 37 to North Dulwich Station (from Peckham Rye bus stop N or from Putney bus stop F). Alight at ‘North Dulwich Station’. P13 to Dulwich College (New Cross to Streatham). Alight at ‘Dulwich College’. By Car There is FREE PARKING on Gallery Road directly outside the Gallery. Disabled parking spaces are available by driving through the Gallery gates on Gallery Road into the parking area. Booking is not required. Please do not obstruct the entrance so that emergency vehicles have access at all time. Bikes The Gallery has ample bike parking facilities.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- General guide to collections available
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Printed/audio-visual information available for schools
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.