Thetford's Ancient House has recently benefitted from a £1.6 million renovation, which has gone towards conserving the Grade I listed Tudor merchant's house and creating up-to-date displays. The atmospheric crooked house tells the remarkable story of Thetford and the Brecks. Discover rich collections alongside audio guides, films and animations. Meet local people from Thetford's past, from the revolutionary philosopher Thomas Paine to the Sikh hero Maharajah Duleep Singh and from rabbit warreners to railway workers. Take time out in the re-planted garden and don't miss the brand new museum shop in its oak pavilion. Allow about an hour and a half for a visit.
October 2014 – March 2015 Tues – Sat: 10am – 4pm Closed Sundays and Mondays
Adult: £3.95 Concession*: £3.40 Child (4-16): £2.30 Family Ticket (1 Adult + all children): £6.50 Family Ticket (2 Adults + all children): £10.00
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Education facilities available
- Library with public access
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Study facilities
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Direct teaching services for schools
- Events and resources for children and families
- Foreign language leaflet or brochure available
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Primary school education service available
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.