The Royal Institute of British Architects champions better buildings, communities and the environment through architecture and our members. We provide the standards, training, support and recognition that put our members – in the UK and overseas – at the peak of their profession. With government, we work to improve the design quality of public buildings, new homes and new communities. We also hold one of the largest and most important collections of architectural drawings, photographs and archives| in the world, and stage talks, exhibitions, events| and awards| (including the prestigious RIBA Stirling Prize) that help people see their surroundings in a completely new way.
Mon - Sat 10.00 - 17.00 Closed: Sunday
Exhibitions: Free admission Talks and other events: £8.50/5.50 (unless otherwise stated) Please see www.architecture.com
The nearest station's are Regents Park and Great Portland Street station - we are also only a short walk from Oxford Circus.
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Library with public access
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Research facilities for academics
- Study facilities
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
From exhibitions and talks to conferences and awards, the RIBA Trust advances architectural and design excellence through engagement with everyone. Our Exhibitions, Talks programme and our Library and Collections are open to both the public as well as members. The Collections are based both at 66 Portland Place, London W1 and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London SW7 as part of the V&A+RIBA Architecture Partnership. Please see www.architecture.com or www.vam.ac.uk/architecture for full details of opening times, education resources and all other events. For full listings of our events programme please visit www.architecture.com
- Academic publications and resources available
- Adult lectures and courses held
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- General guide to collections available
- Guided tours
- Licensed for weddings
- Loan service
- Member of staff available with responsibility for education
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Public access available to collections information
- Secondary school education service available
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Teaching/resources available for HE/FE students
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.