6 Church Close
- General Enquiries: email@example.com
- Phone: 01264 366283
Situated across two floors, the Museum of the Iron Age tells the story of the Danebury hillfort which lies to the south west of Andover. The hillfort was excavated by Professor Barry Cunliffe between 1969 and 1988 and is one of the best-studied sites of the British Iron Age. Using real artefacts alongside reconstructions based on discoveries made during the excavations, the museum explores life in the hillfort, including defence, home life, farming and religious beliefs.
Monday: Closed Tuesday: 10:00am - 5:00pm Wednesday: 10:00am - 5:00pm Thursday: 10:00am - 5:00pm Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm Sunday: Closed
All information is drawn from or provided by the venues themselves and every effort is made to ensure it is correct. Please remember to double check opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit.
Facilities and services
- Baby changing facilities
- Education facilities available
- Meeting room available
- Object study facilities available (enquire in advance)
- Reception and lunch facilities for educational groups
- Wheelchair access to some public areas
The museum has a free car park with disabled bay, steps to the front entrance with handrails and an accessible entrance to the rear of the building. The ground floor, including the shop and temporary exhibition gallery, is accessible to wheelchairs. There is a stairlift to the first and second floors. There are some restrictions at the museum - please contact us on 01264 366283 for more details.
- Academic publications and resources available
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Specialist publications on collections available
- Activities for pre-school children
- General guide to collections available
- Information point provided
- Volunteering scheme offered
- Adult lectures and courses held
Is this your Venue? log in to update any incorrect or missing information.